Friday 14 June 2013

Baby Bunting

Ooh this is the longest amount of time between posts so far, apologies but it has been a busy few weeks!

My lovely friend recently had a baby (and is my first close friend to have one so I'm super duper excited) and I'm visiting her this weekend and wanted to make her a present. As they are hoping to move houses soon they haven't decorated the nursery so I thought it might be nice to make something for them to decorate it with...and my first thought was bunting!

I wanted to personalise it so decided to spell his name out in it. I used bias binding to sandwich the triangles to give a neat finish and used various scraps of fabric for the triangles and some dark blue felt for the letters.

Annoyingly my printer wasn't working so I had to make a template for the letters ...

 

 

I then chose the fabric layout...

 

I decided to appliqué the letters to make sure they were secure. I'm very, VERY new to appliqué so they aren't perfect (which annoys me as I always want everything to look perfect) but practice will make perfect one day!

And here we have the final result:

 

 
 
 
 

 

Although I did make one major blunder when I started sewing the letters on...can you tell what I did?

I started sewing them on backwards!! Luckily I realised at the second letter as I don't think they would have appreciated LEAHCIM!

Hope she likes it! Xx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment