Sunday 2 June 2013

Crochet blanket!

So as ever I saw a crochet blanket and thought....I want to make one of those!

It took me a while reading many tutorials and watching many YouTube videos but I got there in the end! It is my first crochet project so I had to learn all of the basics. I chose to make a Granny Square blanket so I could make it on the move and break it down in to little squares so it wouldn't feel so daunting. The squares are so simple to make and now each one takes me 20 minutes and is great to do whilst watching the tv. However I definitely must hold my wool in a funny way as it does give me a cramp (which I've nicknamed the Crochet Claw!). I chose to use dusky pink, mint green and white wools and edge them in brown. I hope to edge it in the brown wool too to bring it all together...that will have to be more youtubing to work out how to edge it nicely!

It's going to take me a while before I finish it but I thought it might be nice to document the project half way through. And here it is so far: 





I haven't yet started sewing in the wool ends but I probably should or that will be a mammoth task at the end! I'm really glad I broke it in to squares as my friend is making a continuous square and it now takes her a couple of hours to do one row, it does look lovely but I find it hard to stop crafting once I start so would never be able to stop mid row!

I want to make it in to a real cosy blanket so think it needs to be double the current size. It also looks horrible against the peach sofa but think it would look lovely one a nice cream one (sigh, well one day I will hopefully be able to buy my own house and furniture!).

I'll let you know when I finish! Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment