Sunday 19 May 2013

Aprons!

So my next sewing project was to make my Nana an apron...

She has been asking for one since I first bought my sewing machine before Christmas and made my Auntie an apron for a Christmas present. I've been hesitant to make her one as I know she'll proudly show her friends what her Granddaughter has made her and they're a picky bunch! They did used to make mosh of their own clothes and lived through the Make Do and Mend so they are professionals really!

My Auntie asked for a green apron to match her kitchen and I simply copied the size of shop-bought apron I had. The photo is very instagrammed so apologies, I have no other photos!

It isn't ironed so the edges are rolling in and the sizing was a bit too big (although that was the shop aprons fault and mine for only trying it on after making my copy as it is a huge!).
I had only a couple of hours yesterday so I didn't have chance to make a snazzy one (although after looking at many on Pinterest I cannot wait to try and make a ruffly 50's one!).
It's more fitted than the last one but I wish I had lined the pocket as you can see the spots through. I could have also tried to put a binding around the seams as you can see the spots creeping through again...oh well that's a tip I must remember for next time!
I have a few hours spare this morning so I'm trying to decide what my next project will be...I always find it hard to settle on my next project as when I look for inspiration I find too many ideas!
I'll keep you posted :) xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment