Monday 27 May 2013

My first skirt!!

Today I am in a super happy mood as I have just finished my first skirt!!

It is such a wonderful feeling when you finish crafting and know you've accomplished something. I love the fact that I have made something which I can wear which is completely unique, for quite a low price and which no one has suffered in terrible conditions to make.

On Saturday I popped in to the Salvation Army charity shop and excitedly came across a whole box of patterns for £1 each! I bought 3 patterns (2 skirts and a children's toy) and cannot wait to go back to see if they have more (the rest of the box was either very retro clothing or plus sizes). I love knowing that someone else has lovingly created their clothes using the same pattern and it even included slips of paper with several girls names and measurements so I know it was used well.

The pattern is Simplicity 8313...and is from 1969!

 

And after buying the pattern I speedily walked to the Market to buy some material and chose this lovely teal spotty fabric...

 

And the finished result is...

 

 

 

 



Firstly apologies for the mirror shots, I don't have a camera with a timer yet!

As you can see the zip doesn't quick lay flat and has a little buckle (not sure what the correct terminology is!). And the overlying tab is a little off...but its a lot better than I thought it would be and it fits!! I'm hoping to wear it tomorrow for work and cannot wait to make another one. I think adding belt loops would be a great addition...

Not bad for one evening and mornings work and a total spend of £6 for the fabric, a 60p zip and £1 pattern!

:) oh what a brilliant bank holiday weekend xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment