Tuesday 14 May 2013

My first post...

Okay so my first step in the blogging world and it's quite a scary one! Hopefully by blogging my crafting adventures I will be able to see how far I can develop my skills over time and share my experiences with others. I only recently started reading craft blogs and am now addicted! It is great to see what other people are making, share little tips and be a part of the craft community.

 

So May seems to be a busy Birthday month and for once I have remembered them with enough time to make them something lovingly homemade (I hope).

 

And the first step for any birthday is...a Birthday card!

 

I bought some blank cards and decided to combine my love of stamping with my new found love of sewing...and ta dah! Here are the results:

I am really happy with them and it was a great way to use up scrap bits of material.

It was quite tricky as both the stamping and sewing was very delicate and if you make one mistake then the whole thing is ruined. I only made one little error with a stamp which made me kick myself (see above on Flemski's cake card) but at least it shows that it truly is home-made and one of a kind!

 

So that's the cards done...I'll let you know how I get on with the presents!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment